Le Grand-Bornand, one of the Top 15 French ski resorts
Le Grand-Bornand…A Champion breeding ground!
Competition is inbred in Le Grand-Bornand! This theory was recently confirmed by the line-up of 11 champions at the start of the competition season. A record that makes Le Grand-Bornand the most represented French resort on the international ski circuit, led by Tessa Worley, double Giant Slalom World Champion in 2017 et in 2013!
Local champions: Tessa Worley (alpine), Steve Missillier (alpine), Thomas Mermillod (alpine), Roddy Darragon (cross-country), Christophe Perrillat (cross-country), Ivan Perrillat (cross-country), Benjamin Daviet (cross-country handisport), Claire Chapotot (snowboardcross), Nelly Moenne-Loccoz (snowboardcross), Bastien Midol (skicross) and Jonathan Midol (skicross).
In the tracks of Tessa Worley
The little girl from Le Grand-Bo
Tessa Worley, the little girl from Le Grand Bornand, shows kindness, pugnacity, talent, freshness and energy that make her one of the most endearing champions of French skiing. The reigning giant slalom World Champion learnt to ski in Le Grand-Bornand. She grew up here and comes back to relax between two competitions. If you’re lucky you may just bump into her on the slopes!
- Giant Slalom Crystal Globe 2017
- Giant Slalom World Champion in St Moritz in 2017 and in Schladming in 2013
- Team Event World Champion in St Moritz in 2017 and in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in 2011
- 19 podiums on the World Cup circuit, including 11 victories
My favourite slope
The top of the Lachat, departure point of the most beautiful slope in resort, 3 km long and 1100 m drop.
My favourite bars
La Croix Saint-Maurice, Marco’s bar and Le Green Monkey. They all have a warm atmosphere and are popular with the Fan-Club.
My favourite places to eat
La Floria for its location near the slopes, Le Confins des Sens for gourmet cuisine and La Ferme du Pépé for its local specialities.
Le Grand-Bornand is my home, my mum and my little brother, the Ski Club and my friends.
A vast ski area
Located only an hour from Geneva and 30 minutes from Lake Annecy, at the heart of the Aravis mountain range and dominated by the summit of ‘Pointe Percée’ at 2750m, Le Grand-Bornand is extremely well reputed amongst French ski resorts.
The ski area: facts & figures
- A member of “Top of the French Alps”, an elite club that counts the 15 best ski resorts in France.
- 211 kilometres of slopes (Aravis ski area: Le Grand-Bornand, La Clusaz, Manigod and Saint-Jean de Sixt).
- 84 kilometres of slopes in Le Grand-Bornand.
- One of the best snowparks in France.
- The longest floodlit slope in the region.
- 233 snow makers
A charming village resort looking to the future.