– Anticipate your movements and arrival at the competition site,
– use public transport or carpool,
– consider printing your tickets or loading them into your smartphone,
– payments at the refreshment stands / catering are done only by credit card or Cashless card,
– come in good shoes and warmly dressed,– come in good shoes and warmly dressed,– come in good shoes and warmly dressed,
– check schedules and the access to the stadium.
Information 2022, subject to change.
If you come by car, it’s advisable to park in the parking lot of your chalet or residence and no longer use your vehicle during the 4 days of competition. Depending on your accommodation, access to the stadium by foot or ski bus.
If you come by train, Annecy SNCF station is served by the regular line Y62 – 63 Annecy – Le Grand-Bornand.
– Online booking: https://www.altibus.com. reservation required.
– From Monday 12 to Wednesday 14/12: arrival / departure from Grand-Bornand stop at the entrance of the bus station (technical cow sculpture).
– From Thursday 15 to Sunday 18/12 : arrival / departure from Grand-Bornand stop “L’Escale” (camping).
– As traffic is very heavy at the end of the events and especially on Sundays, it is strongly recommended to allow a much longer access time for your return to the station.
Due to a very limited and constrained parking, carpooling or public transit is the preferred option. Buses will drop you off at the gates of the biathlon stadium.
Choose carpooling for your trips with Mov’ici to access the car park relays at Thônes (if you take the A41) and Entremont (if you take the A40), and then join Le Grand-Bornand by free shuttles.
free and continuous from Thursday to Sunday
Schedules given as an indication. Complete bus schedules available at the Tourist Office or download below.
– Special line from Entremont (commune of Glières-Val-de-Borne):
departure from the indicated car parks.
– Special line from Thônes: departure at the car park relay of “Les Perrasses zone artisanale (at the entry of Thônes city from Annecy)
– Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Cut-off time from 1 pm to 3 pm.
– Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. Cut-off time from 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm.
Arrival/Departure in Grand-Bornand: Village centre (Route du Chinaillon).
It is strongly recommended to anticipate your trip to the car park relay.
Free buses from Monday to Sunday
Departure from La Clusaz bus station – parking des Dames and from St Jean de Sixt stop in the centre:
Monday to Wednesday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Arrival / departure at Grand-Bornand stop at the entrance to the bus station
Thursday and Friday from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday from 08:30 am to 10:00 pm
Arrival / departure at Grand-Bornand stop La Poste.
From Monday to Wednesday
– Chinaillon Line A:
Monday 12 and Tuesday 13/12 from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday 14/12 from 6:45 am to 7:00 pm. Due to the market, the stops La Poste and les Parrasses will not be served will not be served, passing by l’Orée du Bois, stop Charvet.
– Line F/G Vallée du Bouchet / Nant Robert from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (the bus goes up the Vallée du Bouchet and goes down by Les Potais and Le Nant Robert).
From Thursday to Sunday
– Line A Chinaillon from 6:45 am to midnight: arrival in the Village at the “La Poste” stop. For a return to Chinaillon, departure at the “Beauregard” stop on the Chinaillon road until 6:00 pm (pedestrian access signposted from the center). From 6:00 pm, pick up at the “La Poste” stop.
– Line F/G Vallée du Bouchet / Nant Robert :
Thursday 15 and Friday 16/12 from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Saturday 17 and Sunday 18/12 from 8:00 am to midnight.
Arrival and departure at the foot of the Rosay gondola (ascent by the Vallée du Bouchet road and descent by Bouchet valley road and descent by Le Nant-Robert from Les Potais).
The Colombière pass is closed.
The Aravis Massif is easily accessible:
– A 40 (Motorway Blanche); exit N°16 “Bonneville” / direction “Stations des Aravis” 20 km away
– A 41 exit N°17 “Annecy Nord” direction “Thônes” / Stations des Aravis” 30 km away
– From the North of France, follow the A39 motorway from Dijon, direction Geneva
– In case of very bad weather conditions, favour access via Annecy.
– In winter, the roads are well cleared of snow, but special equipment (snow tires or snow chains) must be provided.
– Road information: +33 (0) 800 100 200 / https://www.inforoute74.fr/#circulation
Geneva international airport at 50 km
– by bus (Geneva Le Grand-Bornand line)
+33 (0)4 50 02 78 00 / altibus.com
– by shared shuttle: Aravis Shuttle (Geneva – Aravis)
Lyon airport – Saint Exupéry at 150 km
Annecy railway station at 30 km
TGV from most major cities.
Book your tickets online:
Booking : +33 (0)8 92 35 35 35
the daily bus connections
Line 62/63 : +33 (0)4 50 02 20 58
Book your tickets online: https://www.altibus.com
Daily bus connections
Line 62/63 : +33 (0)4 50 03 70 09
Book your tickets online: https://www.altibus.com
Geneva – Le Grand-Bornand by bus
– Departure from the airport or Cornavin station
– Arrival/Departure in Grand-Bornand: stop at the entrance to the bus station
– Timetable and booking online https://www.geneve.ch/en/gare-routiere / altibus.com
Bastard Eric : +33 (0)4 50 02 20 64
Taxi des Aravis : +33 (0)6 33 86 08 26
Taxi Point : +33 (0)6 70 95 40 41