– Anticipate your movements and arrival at the competition site,
– use public transport or carpool,
– consider printing your tickets or loading them into your smartphone,
– payments at the refreshment stands / catering are done only by credit card or Cashless card,
– come in good shoes and warmly dressed,– come in good shoes and warmly dressed,– come in good shoes and warmly dressed,
– check schedules and the access to the stadium.
If you come by car, it’s advisable to park in the parking lot of your chalet or residence and no longer use your vehicle during the 4 days of competition. Depending on your accommodation, access to the stadium by foot or ski bus.
If you come by train, Annecy SNCF station is served by the regular line Y62 – 63 Annecy – Le Grand-Bornand.
– Online booking: https://www.altibus.com. reservation required.
– Arrival / departure from Grand-Bornand, stop at the entrance to the bus station and connection with buses to “Chinaillon” and “la vallée du Bouchet / Nant-Robert”.
– As traffic is very heavy at the end of the events and especially on Sundays, it is strongly recommended to allow a much longer access time for your return to the station.
Due to a very limited and constrained parking, carpooling or public transit is the preferred option. Buses will drop you off at the gates of the biathlon stadium.
Choose carpooling for your trips with Mov’ici to access the car park relays at Thônes (if you take the A41) and Entremont (if you take the A40), and then join Le Grand-Bornand by free shuttles.
The Colombière pass is closed.
The Aravis Massif is easily accessible:
– A 40 (Motorway Blanche); exit N°16 “Bonneville” / direction “Stations des Aravis” 20 km away
– A 41 exit N°17 “Annecy Nord” direction “Thônes” / Stations des Aravis” 30 km away
– From the North of France, follow the A39 motorway from Dijon, direction Geneva
– In case of very bad weather conditions, favour access via Annecy.
– In winter, the roads are well cleared of snow, but special equipment (snow tires or snow chains) must be provided.
– Road information: +33 (0) 800 100 200 / https://www.inforoute74.fr/#circulation
– by shared shuttle: Aravis Shuttle (Geneva – Aravis)
Lyon airport – Saint Exupéry at 150 km
Daily bus connections
Line 62/63 : +33 (0)4 50 03 70 09
Book your tickets online: https://www.altibus.com
Geneva – Le Grand-Bornand by bus
– Departure from the airport or Cornavin station
– Arrival/Departure in Grand-Bornand: stop at the entrance to the bus station
– Timetable and booking online https://www.geneve.ch/en/gare-routiere or on site at the airport and bus station.