– anticipate your movements and arrival at the competition site,
– use public transport or carpool,
– consider printing your tickets or loading them into your smartphone,
– download the Lyf Pay app for your drinks at the bars,
– come in good shoes and warmly dressed,
– check the conditions of access to the stadium
If you come by car, it’s advisable to park in the parking lot of your chalet or residence and no longer use your vehicle during the 4 days of competition. Depending on your accommodation, access to the stadium by foot or ski bus.
If you come by train, Annecy SNCF station is served by the regular line 62 – 63 Annecy – Le Grand-Bornand.
– Online booking:www.transdevhautesavoie.com
– Arrival / departure from Grand-Bornand, stop at “Aire de loisirs” (entrance to the bus station) and connection with buses to “Chinaillon” and “la vallée du Bouchet / Nant-Robert”.
– As traffic is very heavy at the end of the events and especially on Sundays, it is strongly recommended to allow a much longer access time for your return to the station.
Due to a very limited and constrained parking, carpooling or public transit is the preferred option. Buses will drop you off at the gates of the biathlon stadium.
Choose carpooling for your trips with Mov’ici to access the car park relays at Thônes (if you take the A41) and Entremont (if you take the A40), and then join Le Grand-Bornand by free shuttles.
The Col de la Colombière is closed.
The Aravis Massif is easily accessible:
– A 40 (Motorway Blanche); exit N° 16 “Bonneville”, direction “Stations des Aravis” 20 km away
– A 41 exit “Annecy Nord” direction “Thônes” / Stations des Aravis” 30 km away
– From the North of France, follow the A39 motorway from Dijon, direction Geneva
– In case of very bad weather conditions, favour access via Annecy.
– In winter, the roads are well cleared of snow, but special equipment (snow tires or snow chains) must be provided.
– Road information: +33 (0) 800 100 200
Daily bus connections
Line 62/63 : +33 (0)4 50 02 20 58
Book your tickets online:
Geneva – Le Grand-Bornand by bus
Saturday 21/12 and Sunday 22/12
– Departure from the airport or Cornavin station
– Arrival/Departure in Grand-Bornand: stop at Aire de loisirs.
– Timetable and booking online www.gare-routière.com or on site at the airport and bus station.